Choose a DAF Clarifier from Beckart Environmental
A dissolved air flotation (DAF) clarifier is a type of wastewater treatment equipment that’s commonly used to remove contaminants such as fats, oils, grease, and metals. At Beckart Environmental, we supply these tanks to clients around the globe, providing them with quality equipment, competitive prices, and attentive service.
In case you’re unfamiliar with this equipment, a DAF clarifier works as follows:
- Wastewater is transferred to the tank.
- Tiny bubbles are introduced into the wastewater on the way to the clarifier.
- The bubbles attach to solids in the water, raising them to the surface.
- A skimmer pulls the solids off the surface of the clarifier and into the sludge-holding chamber of the clarifier.
- Clarified water exits the tank separately via an underflow/overflow weir.
In many cases, a DAF clarifier produces the best results when the wastewater has been chemically treated beforehand in a mixing tank, ensuring that contaminants will clump together and be easier to lift to the surface. As a full-service equipment manufacturer, Beckart Environmental can supply you with a mixing tank, automated chemical feed system, and any chemicals you need to apply to the water.
Sludge Dewatering Equipment
Another issue you will likely need to contend with is removing the water content that remains in the waste you’ve skimmed from the dissolved air flotation equipment. We offer multiple excellent systems for dewatering sludge, including our Hy-Pack® filter presses. These machines consist of a series of plates with filters that can be filled with sludge and pressed together to squeeze out the water content, leaving only dry sludge cakes behind.
To learn more about how you can benefit from using a DAF clarifier or any of our other equipment, contact Beckart Environmental today.